Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of the world’s leading major home appliance company.
Brand Immersion at Whirlpool Corporation is a rotational development program for qualified undergraduates to gain on-the-job experiences and build the foundational marketing competencies to progress toward Marketing Management. This program offers three unique rotations over your first five years including new product launch, integrated marketing communications, product marketing, merchandising, digital marketing and brand management. Brand Immersion participants also benefit from personalized development and career coaching, as well as sponsorship from senior marketing leaders.
In this program, you will have the opportunity to take on roles that :
- Support the delivery of consistent, on-message integrated marketing communications activities using physical and/or digital tools.
- Recognize the importance of measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of all marketing activities and plans, collect information that contributes to the review of marketing activities, and/or support the use of digital and social analytics and listening tools.
- Support budget management associated with assigned marketing activities, consult on priorities, and/or submit information needed for the financial management process.
- Understand and champion the underlying reasons for the consumer’s relationship with the brand and the category.
- Understand the consumer experience and decision making process throughout each phase of the path to purchase and post purchase.
- Understand the rational and emotional meaning of the brand in the hearts and minds of the target consumers to steward the brand strategy and contribute to intended equity & positioning.
- Execute on marketing objectives and strategies which align to business goals.
- Be part of a team that inspires the development of innovative creative executions by channel through briefing of assignment objectives, direction and project outcomes, and management of production project requirements.
- Participate in the development and execution of project plans, with deadline management assistance and progress monitoring, identify obstacles and take corrective actions with guidance, and communicate project outcomes.
Minimum Background and Experiences
- BBA with concentration in Marketing or related field
- Required minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Prior Brand and/or Marketing internship or co-op experience preferred, digital marketing and/or marketing analytics experience highly desired
- Actively involved in campus activities and organizations, preferably in roles that offer leadership experiences
- Ability to demonstrate ownership, both individual and shared, to drive differentiated results
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking, sound judgment and effective decision-making ability
If you meet the minimum requirements of the job description, you will be prompted to take a behavioral assessment called “Plum” within one week of your application.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan. Whirlpool Corporation’s headquarters is located in the community in which we were founded. Known as the “Twin Cities,” Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor offer thriving year-round shopping and arts districts, quaint shops, wineries, bakeries and restaurants. These communities boast 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant during the summer. Winter activities include a Luminary Festival, Reindog Parade, chili tour, and ice carving festival.
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time. Get to know more about our programs at https://www.whirlpoolcareers.com/work-with-us-ca-students/.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.