The Office of Congressional Relations at the Wilson Center seeks an energetic and self-motivated student or recent graduate interested in graphic design, and digital marketing for an internship. Consistently ranked as one of the top think tanks in the world, the Wilson Center provides opportunities for hands on experience working on a wide range of issues that impact today’s public policy debates. The Office of Congressional Relations works to maintain a vibrant relationship with Members of Congress and their staffs. Congressional Relations produces events, podcasts and briefings for congressional staff and Members of Congress, as well as producing informational documents that convey information graphically and textually.
This internship will provide opportunities for the selected candidate to produce materials that will consistently be seen by Members of Congress and their staffs . This will provide ample opportunities to increase credits and portfolios – ranging from podcasting graphics, social media graphics, one-pager documents, advertisements and other projects — all within a fun, inclusive, and idea-loving team! Applicants who are selected for an interview will be asked to submit a portfolio.
In general, internships in Congressional Relations occupy the space of an academic semester (i.e., for Fall, Spring, and Summer internships of approximately three to four months); however, appointments can be made throughout the year for periods of varying length. No internship will exceed one year in duration. Applicants should be willing to devote at least 15 hours per week, up to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
These internships are designed to provide the selected individuals with the opportunity to gain practical experience in an environment that combines academic study and public policy.
Duties may include:
· Work in the development of graphic event flyers and invitations
· Help in the production of email and social media marketing
· Synthesize event context and congressional testimony into eye catching informational one and two pagers
· Assist in developing a digital marketing strategy for the Wilson Center’s Congressional Relations.
· Assist staff in preparing public briefings and Foreign Policy Fellowship Program sessions and events, including managing mailing lists, RSVPs, and setup
· Work with the Congressional Relations department to strategize outreach to Capitol Hill in order to maximize the visibility of Wilson Center programs and research
· Assist with the research and production of Need to Know podcast
Administrative and other duties as assigned