B&E 396 and B&E 397 internship reflection courses are available for any student completing a business internship. The courses are web-based and the content and assignments are managed on Canvas. If you have secured an internship and would like to receive academic credit, please submit an enrollment form on Handshake.
Accounting students with full-time internships for the fall or spring semester are eligible to register for ACC 399, rather than B&E 397. ACC 399 is a Pass/Fail, 1 credit hour course, but counts as full-time. Students whose ACC399 internship ends early in the semester may choose to enroll in ACC555 – Forensic Accounting & Fraud Examination (3 credit hours) in addition to ACC399.
Steps to submit your enrollment form:
- Login to Handshake using your LinkBlue username and password
- Select the Career Center tab on the top right
- Select Experience under What Can we Help you Find and select request a new experience
- Select B&E396 or B&E 397 Internship under Experience Type
- Complete the entire form for approval
- Your enrollment form will be reviewed for approval within 48 hours
As internships do not always fall within the typical academic timeframe, students are able to enroll up until the mid-term point of the semester. Consult our Internship Course Guide (guidelines + checklists) to learn more about the course options and the related guidelines for earning academic credit for an internship.
If you have specific questions about your internship or earning course credit, please contact Rachel Clark, Manager of Employer Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.